CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This is where you put the title.......

but I can't think of one.

Yesterday was a bad day, but it got better. Or I got better, one. I prayed, and God lifted my worries and hurts off my shoulder, and because of that, my attitude improved. And because of that, someone else's attitude improved. I thank God for that, because if he hadn't helped me get over my problems, I would have stayed in a "fit" and the whole house would have been affected. But, I was nice and able to honestly be in a good mood, and the hurts were healed. And I believe some hurts can be healed that easy. If you don't dwell, and you let God take it, you can be okay. But I see how so many people can't except that. They say that you are weak or blind for not staying mad. If your husband is hateful in a fit of anger, you should divorce him immediately because he is abusive. Aren't we all abusive in our own way? Don't we all do things, when we are walking in our flesh that injure others? After thinking about it, don't we all hope the other party doesn't hold on to that anger, because we didn't really mean it? (ok, I am rambling...you can stop reading now, it's ok.) That is where giving it to God comes in. He has such strong shoulders. He can bear our burdens for us, He wants to. He can heal our wounds, He can forgive others for us, when we can't. Wouldn't this world be such a better place if we could all learn to let God take care of our hurts? Instead, we lash out, we divorce our husbands, we stop talking to friends and/or family. I hope I never forget the lesson I learned yesterday. I know it won't always be easy, but I know if I remember to let God have it, I will be a lot more peaceful in my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i totally agree with you, Robyn. SO many times in marriage, you are not allowed to have a bad day or bad times, you are just told to divorce someone. People see one comment as encompassing your whole marriage and you need to leave now.

I noticed that in the replies too, but I get you.

Alycia said...

I just found your blog (thank you for your kind comment on mine!) and am so happy I linked on through~ your post really touched home to me. I experienced a situation here today and had the choice to either dwell on it or let God heal my hurt feelings. I am so thankful that I allowed God's grace to help me let go of the issue and was able to go on my way and be kind to that person. Anyway, I am so happy to have foud your blog and am going to bookmark it to come back again soon!! Blessings!