CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Joy!!!!

I found this quote from Beth Moore in a study of hers I am doing, and I love it. I want to make a big sign and hang it on my fridge.

I choose joy. I may not feel it, but God has appropriated it and I choose it.


You know how many times I walk around miserable, feeling sorry for myself because nothing is going right in my eyes, when I could be choosing joy. I tried that earlier, just said forget all these problems, I will be joyful in spite of them.......then my 13 year old was having a stupid argument with my 4 year old. I starting getting mad, then remembered that God has appropriated me joy, and I nicely explained to Aaron, he dropped himself to Luke's level by arguing with him, and they quit. So, I have to work on this concept, but I will. And when I don't feel it, I will still choose it.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so easy to choose anything other than joy, and so hard to choose joy. But we really win when we do it! I am going to write this down and keep it for me!

Julie said...

That is a great quote. I will definitely write it down and put it on my fridge for a while.

Anonymous said...

amen to this Robyn! I agree wholeheartedly that we must choose joy. Just like we choose to follow Christ on a daily basis, we must choose to be people who bear the fruit of His Spirit on a daily basis, one of which includes JOY. This is a great post girlfriend :-) YOU GO GIRL!
<>< Kelly