CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

How is your prayer path?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have heard a similar story from two different sources, and it has made an impact on my thinking. In some villages in Africa that missionaries have brought Christianity to, they pray behind their huts. So there is a defined "prayer path" leading behind their hut. So, their fellow Christians know when they aren't praying because of the overgrowth on their prayer paths.

If only we had a clear defined prayer path! But you know what, in so many ways we do. So often, I pray for the things that I feel are important and not just pray. I pray to change myself, or help others, but it is always what is going on then. I don't spend time just talking to God about long term things. And it shows. When I do take the time, I can see a difference in my attitude. But when I am quick to tell God what I need, and then rush off to my day, my life starts falling apart. (Maybe that is a little dramatic, but I am sure you understand) My prayer path is overgrowing. If people looked closely at me, they would see the briars and brambles across my prayer path. It might not be as easy as in the village in Africa, but we walk around showing how defined our paths are. I want to maintain a clear and smooth prayer path. You know, snakes live in undergrowth and in briars, why would I want to invite them in when I have such a clear way to keep them out.

My goal is to have a smooth prayer path. One without briars and snakes. I challenge all of you to keep your prayer paths clear also. Oh, the difference it will make in our lives!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayer path is not as worn as it should be. I really need to work on that.

Julie said...

My prayer path is a little weedy right now. It is funny, I was just thinking of this last night.

Thanks for the affirmation that I really need to weed my path.