CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Such a peaceful sound!

Yesterday, I finally had a quiet moment so I went in my room, stretched across my bed, and started my homework for my Beth Moore study of Daniel. She had me flipping through my bible looking for a verse in Isaiah. And while doing this, I thought, I love the sound of Bible pages being turned. I have a Scofield KJV, it was a present from my husband when I converted from mormonism to Christianity. I love my Bible, it is probably the best and most heart felt gift I have ever been given. I also love to flip through the pages very quickly and hear the way they rustle. I can not think of any other book with pages like most Bibles pages are. It is a distinct sound and it is a blessed sound. I remember all the time in church when Bro Ben tells us to find a certain verse, the church is filled with that distinct sound. It is the sound of knowledge being sought for and learned. I hope that everyday I can hear that sound from my own house, from myself and my family. How much more peaceful my house would be, if it was filled with that sound. And I wish that same peaceful sound in all of your homes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely true! I love that sound too!