CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 23, 2007

If you can't say anything nice.............

don't say anything at all!

This is one of the hardest things to live by. When you say it to your kids, you are referring to name calling and "fussing" at each other. But how often do we as grown ups, not follow that. How often do we say things that tear down others without even realizing it. A very wise and dear lady told me the other day, if I can't say anything uplifting, to be quiet. Wow! That really is hard. And not just when hubby and I are arguing, which I realize we might not ever do if I followed this rule, but in general conversation. Mentioning an old friend who has cut off contact, or even a relative. Bringing up something that is long past. You don't, or I least I didn't, realize how much of my normal conversation with just my husband, was not uplifting to him. I almost feel like I am his worst enemy. He is trying so hard to get his life on track, and I keep disrupting it by my mouth. I won't even think about what I have probably done to my kids by not following this rule. So, that is yet another of my new life changing goals. I bet if, I can really stick to this, my household will change! I will try to keep you updated on how it works!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Roby, I know what you mean. Sometimes I think I am my husband's worst enemy too. I am supposed to be a helper to him and I am supposed to lift him up, but so many times, I fail. It's disheartening what an unkind word can do to a person.

You are not alone my friend, and through Him, we can do anything.

Unknown said...

And I am sorry I forgot the 'N' on your name. I swear I didn't mean too!