CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

They are missing out?

We recently changed churches. We love our new church, but there is a larger youth group. I guess that is a good thing, but the kids are "pressuring" my kids to go to public school. They keep telling them everything they are missing out on. Aaron, 13, and Holly, almost 12, keep mentioning school, like maybe they are interested. Now, not trying to brag, but I have great kids. They have wonderful manners, they are courteous of others, and I feel they still have an innocence about them. So, what are they missing? They are missing drugs, they are missing pressure to wear inappropriate clothing, they are missing seeing class mates pregnant, they are missing fool language at the table, etc. What they are not missing is, their manners, their ability to relate to others, their compassion, their God in their everyday life, an education that is not interrupted by class mates (well, not usually, lol), time at home, time in the Word, peer pressure, and this list can go on. I know the kids are missing out on the "typical" childhood experiences, Praise The Lord! I am so thankful that I have the opportunity and the ability to be able to do this. We could be so much more financially stable if I was working, but I would rather be broke, pinch pennies, and force my kids to miss out!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Kids alway think the grass is greener somewhere else (just like adults). I wouldn't worry about it. My kids go to a small private Christian school and at times the other kids at church will say things like "that school is to strict". We all just have to do what we feel God is leading us to do, and be respectful of each others choices.

Have a great weekend,
Julie